Sunday, October 19, 2008

More Changes

Sigh...today was our first Sunday at North West which will probably lead to many more Sundays at North West.

Change is hard, this has been a whole year of change for me and I don't like it but it's not my place to tell God how he's supposed to be running my life.

I'm getting used to working at Chick-fil-A and learning to make every single day a day to (a) serve the Lord and (b) serve our owner Sonja. It's hard at times. Sometimes I'm so tired of people I don't think I can stand the sight of another person, and sometimes I'm faced with so many challenges I just want to give up sit in a corner and cry. But then I stop sabotaging the situation and relax to see what God can do through me and He does a lot!

I miss stability. More than anything I'm reeling from the neglect I felt from our previous church. Being let go and wished a happy life by the ones you love sucks when you trust yourself to them and they don't seem to care any more because you are no longer an asset to them. No one thinks it's going to happen to them and everyone pretty much turns a blind eye to it until it gets them too. I really have been trying to process feeling betrayed and neglected by the same church that brought me to Christ.

It all sounds depressing but it's everything that I've been dealing with lately and I needed an outlet. I've decided I'm not going to turn a blind eye to these things anymore. I get so mad when it's just accepted as normal. That's not what Christians are called to and I will never be a part of something like that- or a church like that ever.

4 comments:

Arev said...

Just dropping by to say hello! Keep going, you're running so well in the race! I love you!

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

Change can be hard and weird but it can also be tight!

Arev said...

Tighter than tight pants, that's for sure!

Carrie said...

Hi Arpee-
I started writing and then realized that it was going on forever. Please call me or just come by. I love you so much and want to help you through this. God has a way of taking things that seem terrible and using them for His glory. Only we can't see that until we look back. My relationship with Christ is so much stronger because of all the the frustrating things God allowed me to go through. I am actually thankful for them now!