Sunday, July 13, 2008

Poetry

I realized that I haven't read any poetry in a while. I used to read it and write it constantly- my teachers loved my work. I guess sometimes you can become so consumed with one thing if you're not careful. Anyways, I've decided to pick it back up as a hobby. I found a book I've been looking for- for about 5 years. I only knew what the cover looked like, what the author looked like- no names or anything. After about so many years I found it today and I praised God for it. It is titled The Heart of God- prayers of Rabindranath Tagore. Here is one line that I've enjoyed thoroughly over and over again:

"Rebelliously I put out the light in my house,
and Your sky surprised me with its stars."

Reminds me of my spiritual life.

4 comments:

Jane said...

what a good poem. i love the stars of God! love you!

Char said...

Arpee,(it's Char...wedding hair stylist...:)) I've enjoyed reading yours and Jane's blogs...it is so sweet to see such beautiful souls that long for the Lord's will in their lives in todays world. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I hope the job front has been a bit more encouraging these days. My prayers are with you. I hope that married life is treating you well! Tell your mom I said hello. Thank you! Take care!

Arev said...

I love you!!! I miss you and I can't wait to see you on Thursday. Yeah, I would love to talk if you get the chance. I'm praying for you sister!

Acorn Caron said...

Char it's so wonderful to hear from you! I'm so encouraged to know you're praying for me. Thank you- my prayers are with you too, and I'll tell my mom!