Monday, May 26, 2008

Job search...take 14

Alright, I just newly graduated more than two weeks ago from a private university located in Fresno, California. It's time to cash in those college dollars for a real job, only there is not one available! Can any one say lame?

Now, not only are there not any positions available in the area I received a degree in, but there are no menial jobs open as well! I think that I've decided that this might have been one of the worst times to graduate.

Those annoying commercials keep coming on tv where they repeat over and over again "I don't make any money, I can't get a job because I didn't graduate high school, I didn't graduate high school, I didn't graduate high school" (you know, the one's with the really bad actors) at which point I chime in "I don't make any money and I graduated from college". This doesn't seem fair, I actually graduated High school, went onto college and managed to finish that too! What's my next option- going back to school to get a masters because no one is hiring now? This seems ridiculous to me. All I can do is apply, apply and apply, I wonder how long this blog is going to last for.

Jesse convinced me to do this to keep track of how the job search is going as well as vent my frustrations to the world. we'll see what happens, after all this is only day 14 of job search 2008.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Found you! i love you, I think this is going to be a very interesting blog!

Jess said...

aww you name "bloglessinfresno" sounds sad. :( Just letting you know that I found you and I'll be reading and praying for you too!